Monday 8 October 2012

Selfish or Selfless?

Since having Cooper, our fur baby Lucy (cat) has become a low priority for me. What used to be my baby, the reason for coming home each night, and the one thing I adored almost as if she was a real child, has become somewhat of a problem.
The first issue is that Lucy is ALWAYS on the countertop, stovetop, sink, dining table. Nothing I do deters her. Not only is this an inconvenience, it's a hygiene issue. She walks through her poopy kitty litter and then all over my kitchen. The same kitchen that I prepare meals for my baby in.
The second issue is Lucy has become bored and destructive. She scratches furniture, carpet, couches.. anything expensive basically.
I tried allowing her outdoors to alleviate her boredom but she keeps sun-baking on the road and I know she will get hit by a car if I continue to let her outside.
I can't decide if rehoming her is selfish (I have a real baby now so I don't need you anymore) or selfless (you deserve a better home where you will be loved and appreciated).
I don't know what to do??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment