Wednesday 2 May 2012

The start of something...

"So many lessons learned... I should write them all down for you so that you can learn from my mistakes before you have a baby" - Me
"Hehe. Sounds like a plan. Better idea - start a blog" - Friend

And so it began. I'm not the first to start a blog about motherhood. I actually read a blog by another first time mother who writes about her experiences. But considering the suggestion from my friend, I figured that maybe the world could do with another blog.

Cooper was born on 2nd February 2012. If only I had started this blog 3 months ago... so many experiences... It's all a bit of a haze now but I will try my best to remember some key experiences from the past 12 weeks. The best way to summarise the experiences over the past 12 weeks is to share some Facebook statuses from those weeks...

12 Feb 2012 - Apparently afternoon sleep is overrated.. just ask Cooper, he's taking a stand against conformity by spending all afternoon pretending to settle, only to start screaming 15 mins after he's gone down.

20 Feb 2012 - Mummy & Cooper's first outing without Daddy.. Off to the supermarket we went.. No baby trolleys.. So here I am, pushing a pram with one hand, carrying a shopping basket in the other, looking completely uncoordinated and feeling it too.. I think that was a failed experiment!

26 Feb 2012 - If only it were safe, legal & acceptable to drug your baby to sleep.. Last night's sleep deprivation was torture.

28 Feb 2012 - Dear Cooper, I can't survive on 3 hours sleep a night... please, please, please go down for a nap. Love Mummy.

8 Mar 2012 - Is it bad that I haven't been dressed before 9am since having Cooper?

13 Mar 2012 - Cheap nappies are bullshit!

21 Mar 2012 - Is there any sweeter sound than my son snoring?

29 Mar 2012 - Dear Mum, Am I in the car? No. Am I in the pram being walked continuously? No. Am I in your arms? No. Then I'm not taking a nap. Love, Cooper.

10 Apr 2012 - 8:30pm - 5am... Dare I dream that this is Cooper's new routine?

22 Apr 2012 - My vocal cords sure got a workout this afternoon, Cooper made me sing to him all the way home for 90 minutes.. If mummy stopped singing, Cooper would start screaming!

24 Apr 2012 - Hey Cooper, remember those days when you napped in your cot for at least 1.5 hours?... that was awesome, I miss those days, let's do it again sometime!

26 Apr 2012 - Next week I am going to... stop watching all the unaired episodes of my fave tv shows online, stop eating unhealthy lunches, start forcing myself to do even just a little exercise every day, begin a cleaning routine, persist with making Cooper nap... but today?... today I might just eat this magnum, put my feet up, let Cooper snuggle in my arms and watch another episode of Revenge!

2 May 2012 - Sitting in my car in my driveway, not daring to move in case I wake Cooper.

So that pretty much sums things up and brings us up to today. Stay tuned...




1 comment: